There are three independent sources of financial support.
- US-based researchers: IWOTA 2022 NSF funds,
- Early-career researchers: Stichting Advancement of Mathematics and IWOTA 2022 funds,
- Ukrainian researchers: Special support for Ukrainian researchers will be possible; interested parties should write directly to iwota2022[at]urk.edu.pl.
NSF funding IWOTA 2022 Travel suport
There is NSF funding available to cover the travel expenses of graduate students based in the US. Please note that this funding is for US-based students only, we will not be able to cover the travel expenses of other participants. The deadline for application is May 31, 2022, and we hope to decide on applications by June 30, 2022.
If you wish to apply, please complete this file and send it together with all relevant documents listed therein directly to raul-curto[at]uiowa.edu writing in the topic IWOTA2022 NSF Travel Support.
If you receive NSF funding please be aware that there are restrictions on which flight tickets they are willing to refund (for details, see the "Open Skies" agreement).
Early reasearchers Accomodation support
There is limited funding for graduate students available to cover accommodation in Kraków during the conference (mostly in dormitories involved in the event organisation). In order to apply, please provide
- a short support statement written on official letterhead from a faculty member of your university/institute
- a 2-page CV,
- in the case you are willing to give a talk, please additionally submit a simple text file containing:
- the name of the relevant panel,
- title and abstract of the talk (tentatively intended for 20 minutes).
The above document should be sent to iwota2022[at]urk.edu.pl writing in the topic Accomodation Support.
The deadline for application is May 31, 2022. We intend to make the final decision by June 30, 2022.
- A necessary condition for activating the funding is paying the conference fee by July 10, 2022.
- Priority will be given to those applicants who express their desire to give a talk. Nonetheless, a positive funding decision does not imply acceptance of the talk due to a limited number of slots for contributed talks.
Note: applications for funding from the above sources are independent for US-based postgraduate students and applicants for NSF travel grants are welcome to apply for accommodation too.
Ukrainian researchers support
The special support for Ukrainian researchers will be possible. Contact directly via e-mail: iwota2022[at]urk.edu.pl with topic Ukrainian researchers suport.